Monday, November 28, 2011

Tamil Keyboard Warriors.


The recent Tamil hit song Why This Kolaveri Di sung in Tanglish(Tamil-English) is a super hit sorry blockbuster. Most of the comments posted in its official YouTube video which has crossed 8 million views are like “Proud to be Tamilian”, “Tamil rocks” I mean mostly Pro-Tamil. Personally I like this Kolaveri song, its kinda catchy and I appreciate their new try. But there is an issue here, some months back two NRI Iyer sisters (Vidya and Vandana Iyer) posted a lovely carnatic song called “Ashai Mugam”. It was an instant hit because the song was composed and directed by Shankar Tucker.






But the comments made by some Tamil youths are damn offensive. They argued that there is no word called “Ashai” in Tamil and the Iyer sisters are mocking Tamil etc etc instead of appreciating their efforts. I mean seriously, they are brought up in abroad for God’s sake. At least they tried instead of typing nonsense in public forums posing themselves as Tamil savers. I bet they themselves can’t talk good Tamil whatever….

Many people including me tried to explain these keyboard warriors that this is a slang word of Iyers but it went to deaf ears. I’m asking where are these Tamil keyboard warriors, why are they not questioning this weird song, is this Tamil???

My doubt, is these people are really against Aashai the word or the girls surname Iyer???

Another song from Iyer sisters:)

No comments: